ANOTHER REPURPOSED GATE LEG TABLE - second sofa table




This will feel like deja vu to some of you that read last weeks
post about the first rePurposing of a gate leg table I did. I had 
two of them marked at $5 at our yard sale yet neither of them
sold. I always feel bad for the stuff left behind and it some how
re-invigorates me to find the time to rePurpose them myself.
This article is about the second table that got a new life.











 Below is a good look at both the tables but the front one is the one that took me much longer to
rePurpose because it needed a lot more patience. The veneer on all the flat boards was lifting at the
 edges and on both sides of each piece. The fold downs also had warped and the gluing and clamping
was going to take days.

If you are interested in the first article I wrote about the table tucked in back you can find it here.


The front table had a shelf on the bottom and had was just a bit prettier.
I unscrewed the the top boards and started the long process of gluing and clamping all the lifting
 veneer on the bottom self. Below I'm using a kitchen butter knife to get the glue between the layers.


While the glue was setting up I start to count all the hinges I got from these rePurposed tables.
NICE SCORE!


I reattached the original top board after it was fixed and I left all the old paint splatters and left over
varnish on it when I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I used a 220 grit sand paper very 
purposefully on the top to show all the unique levels of age it has.


After the distressing I used AS wax to make the top shine.
I have a short waxing video available to watch here:



GIVE IT A TRY YOURSELF!!!




Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU ALL!