DARK WAX ON WHITE PAINT - how to video for old world effect





Learning how to use dark wax can be tricky. Using it on white paint can be terrifying. I have done a short video showing how I apply dark wax to get an old world effect.





BE SPECIFIC
I hope this photo shows how the dark wax has been placed on
 the cabinet. It is not all muddy, it has been careful placed 
and worked into the finish.
This next photo shows the matching night stands.


NOW FOR THE VIDEO ...



 If you have trouble viewing this video try using
an alternate browser like Google Chrome.

CLEAR WAX FIRST
I always clear wax my chalk paint project before dark waxing. Clear wax provides a layer or barrier to protect your paint color from the stain in the dark wax. Dark wax can be moved around easily on top of the clear wax, and as shown in the video a bit more clear wax can also be used to remove dark wax in areas you want to lighten up. The exception to this rule is when I apply dark wax to AS Graphite I usually do it without any clear wax to help darken the paint color. I used Annie Sloan waxes on this project.

BEFORE                       AFTER




   
HARDWARE
After all the waxing and polishing was finished I added all 
new hardware and even included some great clock knobs.

DISTRESSING
For some distressing tips:
https://bit.ly/2RLJOWg



 MORE CLOSE UP PHOTOS CAN BE SEE HERE:




********************************
Advertisement
vintage switch plates
 vintage hardware


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware