HOW TO MAKE A SOFA TABLE - recycling furniture



I hate seeing vintage furniture made of real wood get discardedFolks just can't see the potential. That's what happened recently to two gate leg tables I tried selling at our yard sale. I saw many ladies looking and thinking then I would hear a husband say "No".




Here is the BEFORE photo of the first table, I couldn't
 even get $5 for it, and it's an antique solid Canadian made piece.
The top piece is damaged with a split and huge crack and I 
wouldn't even try to fix it, and that is all people see. But there
 is so much more to this table then that broken piece.
To clarify this was roadside trash, I had hoped I could
rehome instead of it going to a landfill.

****************AD******************


*************************************

All I used was a screw driver to take the top off, unscrew the 
side legs, and screw one of the good pieces back on to the top.
 Voila I have a super cute sofa table, that will fit my tiny space.
It is made with quality wood, and can be
waxed, oiled, stained or painted.


*****************AD*****************



************************************



For my style it would need
a coat of ASCP in Pure White, a little distressing with a 120
 grit paper, and wax. If you would like to see how I use
Annie Sloan wax to finish this piece off check
 this short video:





Here are a few more transformations:

  

  

🗝

*****************************************

Rope Handles Nautical Drawer Pull Shabby Chic Coastal Beach image 0 White Knob Shabby Chic Drawer Pull Hardware Farmhouse Kitchen image 0 French Provincial Drawer Handles Original Or Painted White image 0




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware