HOW TO MAKE A SOFA TABLE - from a gate leg table



I hate watching furniture that need
TLC get over-looked at my yard sale.
There are pieces that other folks just
can't see the potential in yet I see it 
so clearly. That's what happened this 
past weekend, two gate leg tables got
passed over numerous times. I saw
different ladies looking and
thinking then a husband would
come over and say "No".





Here is the BEFORE photo of the first of the tables, I couldn't
 even get $5 for it, and it's an antique solid Canadian made piece.


The top piece is damaged with a split and huge crack and I 
wouldn't even try to fix it, and that is all people see. But there
 is so much more to this table then that one broken piece.


All I used was a screw driver to take the top off, unscrew the 
side legs, and screw one of the good pieces back on to the top
 and wah-lah I have a super cute sofa table made with quality
 wood.



A coat of ASCP in Pure White, a little distressing with a 120
 grit paper, and a waxing made it perfect. If you would like to
 see how I use Annie Sloan wax to finish this piece off check
 this short video:




HAPPY YARD SALING!!!
****************************

Be sure to stop into
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE ON ETSY 

 
  
   
  






Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I just about died when I say that table that nobody wanted...I would have died to get my hands on that. Especially for $5. You did an amazing job turning it into a sofa table. Love it! Thanks for sharing that amazing transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I wouldn't have waited until it was marked down to $5 ! I'd have paid the original price. The right people just were not at your sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had of been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great but not really sure why you would want to take apart a beautiful antique gate leg table and turn it into a sofa table :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it seems you didn't read the article explaining the damage to the table and how no one wanted it thus why I repurposed it.

      Delete

THANK YOU ALL!