RECYCLING THE JENNY LIND CRIB - annie sloan painted bench








I had the task of making two benches from one old baby crib. This is a look at how I built the first one and the paint finish I used.







AFTER

BEFORE

I started by picking some vintage bed posts out of my stash
and work with them as the back corner post of the bench.
First the back was built using one crib side fastened between
the two corner posts.


I cut one end of the crib in half using the chop saw. I then
 attached each half to the corner posts to make the bench ends.


I chopped up a heavy duty 70's coffee table for the seat.




***********************************************




Once everything was fastened and fit together just right
I started to spray paint the bench in a putty grey.
It was a grey color with a shade of brown to it.


It has a solid non distressed, no wax finish and looks
amazing in person. I sprayed the whole bench with a
Varathane semigloss clear coat.


I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Chicago Grey
and Country Grey to mix the color.







See another bench made from this crib



You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage switch plates to choose from

Firstfinds Hardware Store
  vintage hardware for your next project

*******************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware