HOW TO HIDE YOUR FINISHING NAILS - fixing

 
 
 
Did you install some trim in your home and lost steam when it came to
hiding the finishing nails. You can always go back later and finish it off when you are
inspired. May this quick little article help inspire you and reassure you it is easier than you think.


 
When counter sinking the head of a finishing nails you use a hammer and a nail set.
That's the longest tool you see above on the right. If you don't have a nail set you can
 substitute a large nail or even a screw driver bit, I've tested both.
 
 
 You line up the pointy end of your chosen tool on the exposed nail head and tap the hammer
 on the other end until the head of the nail is no longer sticking out.


 
Once I have tapped all my nails under the surface of the wood I use wood filler to fill in the hole.


 
I can sand the filler flat in 30 minutes for a perfectly flat surface
 or
 with a light touch of my index finder I can smooth it over almost perfectly and move on to painting.
Not everyone has great patience!


 
HAPPY FIXING
 
 
 


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! If you use window glaze to fill in the holes it does not sink in when drying. And no sanding. Just push in hole and wipe flat. I was so glad when I was given this tip.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!