ADDING THOSE LONG LEGS - 2 drawer chest





Somewhere along the way I lost interest in finishing
a little two drawer chest I had purchased. And to add
to the unfortunate situation, the original price tag was
high for such a small piece. It then ended up in last
week's yard sale with a much smaller price tag and
did not sell. I heard one man say "what is that good
for" but my vision was always clear ...






Add some super long curvy legs and it can work in several room.


I had seen some long coffee table legs at the local RESTORE so after the yard sale I drove out and
 bought 4 legs. You can see them below sitting on the chest, where I was setup to install them.


Many times I am asked where I work, and the answer is ... Anywhere I can.
I added the legs on this pieces in the driveway, painted it in the yard, and waxed it on the deck.



An article on how I add this style of leg is available here:
http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.ca/2013/11/tutorial-adding-legs-to-nightstands.html

A short waxing video I did to help others is available here:
http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.ca/2014/11/2-minute-waxing-video-how-i-use-clear.html

Remember I mentioned this little guy had a high price tag when I first got it, that is because it is an
 Ethan Allen piece made of solid maple and the big bottom drawer is lined with aromatic cedar.
It smells amazing inside yet no one wanted it!

   


I tried different handles and settled on the white before donating this piece to a holiday charity event
 to raise money for the Langley Christmas bureau.


It can be used in the entry or a bedroom or as a TV stand.

   




Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU ALL!