REPURPOSING AN OLD SPOON RACK - makers space project 2


Janome Canada asked me to be apart of their
MAKERS SPACE launch and I was tasked
with repurposing several thrifted items, 
including this old spoon rack.
How many times have you walk through the
thrift store and seen those old spoon racks and
thought I don't know what to do with these
things. Well I was challenged with coming up
with an answer. 





I came up with the idea to turn the SPOON RACK into a SPOOL RACK,
using a bin of old bolts I had in the junk drawer and took it a step farther by adding
a pin board on the back to keep all those needles and loose ribbons corralled.


First I went out and bought some spray paint and a foam core board.

 


I measured and cut the foam board to fit into the back panels of my spoon rack,
but before installing them I wrap the foam board in a coordinating fabric.



I painted all the bolts gold and hot glued them upside down in the cut outs.
TIP:
 I like the RUST-OLEUM gold much more than others


I finished it off by adding a pink ribbon across the front of the shelves to hide the hot glue.




Whether you need a spool rack or not
I hope this inspires you to recreate your own spoon rack.



********************************************************
NEXT MONTH I WILL BE A VENDOR AT 







Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU ALL!