REPURPOSING AN OLD SPOON RACK - with krylon spray paint





I was tasked with repurposing several thrifted items, including an old spoon rack. I thought this should be a fun DIY project. I have seen more than enough of them sitting on thrift store shelves so I figured start with some Krylon paint and see what happens.





I came up with the idea to turn the SPOON RACK into a
 SPOOL RACK, using a bin of old bolts I had in the junk
 drawer and took it a step farther by adding a pin board on
the back to keep all those needles and loose ribbons corralled.


****************************************



First I went out and bought some spray paint and a foam core board.
KRYLON and RUST-OLEUM came to the rescue.



 


**********************************************



I measured and cut the foam board to fit into the back panels
of my spoon rack, but before installing them I wrap the foam
board in a coordinating fabric.





*********************************************


I painted all the bolts gold and hot glued them upside down in the cut outs.
TIP:
 I like the RUST-OLEUM gold much more than others



I finished it off by adding a pink ribbon across
the front of the shelves to hide the hot glue.




Whether you need a spool rack or not
I hope this inspires you to recreate your own spoon rack.



********************************
Advertisement
vintage switch plates
 vintage hardware




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware