BUILDING A HALL TREE FROM AN OLD DOOR and painting with annie sloan country grey





On wonderful warm sunny days I love to get
outside and build something with all the wood
bits I collect. This time I built a hall tree using
an old door I had and I painted it with Annie
Sloan Chalk Paint. It was a fun DIY project
for sure and super functional. Let me show
you some of the details.



BEFORE                AFTER



The mirror has a wood frame and it's something I bought at a thrift store. I attached it by screwing
through the back of the door in to the sides of the wood mirror frame.
The ornate pieces above and below the mirror are from an old Copperware spoon rack,
and they are plastic. I pre-drilled them and screwed them on the wood door from the front.


The door had a white layer of old white paint on it when I started so I also gave the seat portion that
I built a white layer of paint also. Then I painted the whole project with Annie Sloan Country Grey.


The thick enamel paint on the door had chipped off in large patches allowing
for this look after painting and distressing.


I used an 80 grit sand paper to get such a coarse distressing. 


See that cute detail on the side of the seat?
More of that Copperware spoon holder ... the actual part where the spoons hang from.


The side arms are cut from a single foot board and the square medallions on the door face 
where the solution to cover up the hole where the door knob use to be.

****************************************
LAST BUT NOT LEAST ....
Here is a quick look at some of the new hardware available in the Etsy Shop .

There are 1000's of pieces of up-cycled hardware to choose from at 
firstfinds hardware store

  
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/511729001/6-handles-shabby-chic-swirling-white

  
        
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Firstfinds?ref=hdr_shop_menu&search_query=misfit+knobs


  
  
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/496024614/4-ornate-drop-pulls-with-backplates

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE HALL TREE'S...and this one is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, you have outdone yourself. If I had a space in my home, I would want this badly! I have always admired these but yours is overthetop awesome!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!