INEXPENSIVE WALL ART - botanical prints



PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE
I wanted some larger art prints for the wall
but I couldn't afford to spend a lot.






Before I knew it I scored 4 large botanical prints
behind glass for only $2 each from the thrift store


They looked like they were from the 80's and the paper inside
 was wavy. I took the cardboard backs off, then removed the
 pictures. First thing I did was to trim the images at the very
most inside border. Then I washed the glass before hot gluing
it into the frame. I put a dab in each corner and at the centers
 of each side.

The last step was to use clear tape on the corners of the 
pictures and secure them to the back side of the glass.
The tape hangs over the edge of the picture a few
millimeters on the corners to hold them in place.
***************************************************




I painted the frames with some Annie Sloan Chalk
Paint in Pure White, with a bit of distressing.


I consider myself lucky that the art I found was botanical
as I have always wanted a few of them for our home.


This can be done with any size second hand art piece.
I hope I inspired you to save a little and create a lot.

*********************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any shabby chic hardware for your next project.
  
 
 CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
 
 CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware