HOW I UPHOLSTER CORNERS - video




There are plenty of upholster tutorials on the web
but I definitely still get asked how I do the corners
when I upholster. I am not professionally trained,
I learned over the years what works for me and
what doesn't.











1. prep frame      2. cut foam    3. cut batting
      

(you can click on each of these photos for a larger image if you need to see better details)

4. cut fabric

I cut my fabric 1 inch bigger than the batting so I can fold the edge under before I staple.  
  

I have uploaded 2 short videos taken while doing the corner upholstery on a stool. 
If you have trouble viewing this video try using an alternate browser like Google Chrome.

FIRST CORNER
video

I hope that takes some of the mystery and fear out of getting that straight and clean looking corner.
Here are a few still photos for you as well. The one thing you might be asking is about the fabric
 underneath, in a lot of cases I like to do a quick layer of cotton drop cloth then I apply the top layer 
of fabric. It makes all the difference when using burlap as well an additional layer softens the
 upholstery. The process is the same with both layers I just use less staples on the first.




In case you wanted a bit more, I have a second video showing the other corner being finished.
 If you have trouble viewing this video try using an alternate browser like Google Chrome.
Email subscribers must click onto the web page to watch the video.

SECOND CORNER
video

I finished the edge by hot gluing trim over the line of staples. 



Tips for building your own foot stool frame can be read here:

****************************************
LAST BUT NOT LEAST ....
Here is a quick look at some of the new hardware available in the Etsy Shop .

There are 1000's of pieces of up-cycled hardware to choose from at 
firstfinds hardware store
  





Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU ALL!