HOW TO BUILD A CONSOLE TABLE - using an ammo box



 


I'm re-sharing this post
with more building details
for others who want to re-
purpose their own ammo
box.






I got my ammo box after GG couldn't resist bidding on it at 
an auction. Thank you honey ... now what am I going to do with this?

After a year passed and I thought about it long and
hard, I ended up combining it with a saw horse
into a 2 sided sofa table.

GG also picked up the sawhorse along his travels,
again Thank you honey ... but what am I gonna do
with this thing?


The ammo box was turned upside down and the top of the
 sawhorse was secured with screws and some wood bracing
 inside the underside.

I took the door / lid right off and used it as the bottom shelf 
between the legs.

****************************************



I reused the door hinges to secure the shelf to the legs.
Of course there were only 2 hinges so they got installed at
the back so you could see them, and the front was screwed
 directly to the legs.

I left the original latch and rope handles to add 
to the rustic and original charm.



I used a light white wash so all the stamped labeling could
 still be seen throughout the piece. It is not shocking from a
 distance but can be read up close.
 

This re-purposed ammo box table is being
used as an entry table.


You can always follow along on 

*******************************************
 FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE 
vintage switch plates 


Firstfinds Hardware Store  
vintage hardware for your next project

*******************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware