Tuesday

PART II A LEG UP - adding legs to furniture


I've given you some tips to adding legs to your furniture projects,
now I want to share different styles and types with you.


The 3 legs used on this corner unit
were salvaged from a little queen anne side table.


NEW Lee Valley cast iron lions feet were added to this little shelf.
http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.com/2011/01/daddys-cabinet-cabinet-make-over.html


Next an example of cast iron stove legs.
http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.com/2011/02/twins-pair-of-black-night-stands.html



The legs on this media console are sections cut from uprights
on
an octagon 70's side table.
Most of you know the ones, next time  you see one
stop and grab it.

Even a bed frame can have bun feet added to lift it up.
These bun feet if I recall correctly were found on a curb side love seat.
Just stop the car, jump out, unscrew each leg, and your on your way.
http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.com/2011/08/queen-with-bun-feet-white-antiqued.html
I don't have one great source for legs, I simply watch for them every where I go.
An important thing to keep in mind when thinking about installing legs
is the weight of the furniture and the strength of your legs and install.
http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.com/2011/07/answers-to-burning-questions-industrial.html

And of course if your furniture is better suited for casters
don't stop until you find a great industrial set.
Who doesn't like furniture that moves easily?


KEEP AN OPEN MIND!

More inspiration can be found in Part I here

Sharing ideas with:
Furniture Feature Fridays
Would you like to receive a copy of my daily posts to your inbox? Subscribe here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
Pin It! Pin It Now!

17 comments:

  1. Excellent tips! Thanks for the great post! Jean
    www.thebackyardbungalow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so amazing to me how you change the look of a plain piece of furniture. Great vision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this. I will now be on the lookout for "legs"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to be on the lookout for "legs" on th side of the road. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh you're making me tired I need a nap :) your work is amazing. I'm too chicken to even think of using a power tool....I can barely use an orbital sander.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you're making me tired I need a nap :) your work is amazing. I'm too chicken to even think of using a power tool....I can barely use an orbital sander.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for this post! I will be on the lookout for roadside castaways!
    You're the best!

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh- You do a good job. Thanks for being so willing to share all your tricks of the trade here! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for wonderful ideas and tips! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooner or later I'll learn to use the electric saw! Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was shopping today for something interesting for legs on an ammo crate. Did not find anything, but did consider wheels. I think I am going to use PVC pipe spray painted lime green. I'll let 'ya know.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every week your blog is one of my favorites! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this made me lol - stopping by the curb and unscrewing legs - and then taking off - it's brilliant but hilarious! Sounds like a covert operation,
    You do such incredible work - and put most of us to shame!!! Hugs, Suzan
    ( from the other side of the country, Montreal )

    ReplyDelete
  14. You inspire me! I have now started attempting skills like yours! You have so much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it, just stop and unscrew the legs! That sounds very much like something I would do. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that is funny. There are going to be lots of legless sofa's on the curbs of Canada. Now see what you've started !
    I've long admired your work and transformations but just recently began receiving your posts into my email. It is so generous of you to share your talents and techniques. Thank you, and I look forward to saying 'hi' at the upcoming S.Surrey Christmas show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Just jumped over from Pat at "Corn in My Coffee Pot". This is so inspiring! Ann

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense