THE BEACH - seaside tv console


The strangest, most unrelated things can start my projects.
Last week I was trying to bring together several pieces of wood I had stashed
for a simple wall shelf.
Somehow that process started me down the sandy beach path
to making a functional and versatile TV console ...
with style.


We have the beach on our minds because our yearly vacation is fast approaching.
So to get a cool relaxing feeling of a seaside cottage piece
I painted the entire unit Old White over Provence Blue,
enabling me to distress the white and have the blue peeking through.


The interior of the upper cabinet has been painted with a gentle mix of Provence and Old White.


Two different pieces of furniture were brought together to make this one unit,
but they still separate for ease of moving and transport.
I'll explain and show you lots of the before and the building process in the coming days.


What makes this piece so versatile is the ability to easily remove and store the shelves.
You can take out 1 or both shelves to fit a TV depending on the size of your entertainment needs.
And the shelves store neatly on the top of the unit hidden behind the crown molding.


OR ...

You can use it just as is
to show off a great beach collection of decor, a fabulous set of white stoneware dishes,
whatever you love so much.


Here you can find some more details about the graphics I used on these doors.
Here you can find the demolition and rebuild of the upper hutch.


Sharing at:
Strictly Homemade Tuesday  DomesticallySpeaking
 Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog My Repurposed Life Photobucket
 Furniture Feature Fridays

Pin It Now!

18 comments:

  1. I love it. I love it. I love it. I am currently having lunch while a coat of paint dries on my very first project!!! That is similar to watching paint dry, but food is added.

    ~Bliss~ (please take me to the beach with you!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are doing some posts on this as I was admiring it from your posts you did on how to get the posts off the knobs. I think I have been breathing too many fumes......

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! i am totally in love with the interior color! swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Would love your technique for the transfers. Can't wait to see your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great looking piece. I LOVE those graphics! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally charming! Thank you for sharing your lovely project at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright, that is just dreamy! I'm dying to know how you did the design transfers also. Great work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is so so beautiful. This is my first visit to your special space, I will follow on my way out as I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you,I hope you will find the some time to come visit me some time. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  9. this cabinet turned out beautiful, so unique , i love the golf transfers.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blue peeking through! Such a pretty piece, great job!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cabinet! just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that cabinet--it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are featured today a Potpourri Friday at 2805!

    ReplyDelete
  15. found you through my repurposed life & I'm a new follower. Love your cabinet and lovely blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this cabinet! Provence is my fav color. I did a desk in ti that you can see on my blog. I'm going to have to try the white over it for the layered look! Im a new blogger and your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pulled this up when perusing the sight for more ideas. Have followed for about six months but this is the first time I saw this cabinet. Can you tell me what method you used to transfer the pix to the cabinet? Is it in a later post? I'll keep looking in the mean time.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!