GOLD VALENTINES - gold chest reveal

 
 
 
It's Valentines day and I'm in LOVE.
 
It's a busy day ahead for a lot of us but I wanted to share this chest of drawers.
There is something so special about this project that it has got me rather smitten.
 
 
 
You should see it in person it really is amazing, I keep reaching out and touching it. It's painted with
 ASCP 50-50 mix of old and pure white, but the finish was created by working with what I had.
 
Here is the BEFORE, you may not be able to tell but it's gold, spray painted gold with tons of runs
 and dings all over. I first saw it in a photo sent to my phone and really I never thought too much
about it, you can never see the detail on a cell phone. When it was being unloaded in my driveway
 and I got the first real look at it, my face was making so many strange expressions it started hurting.
 

 
I ended up using the gold and the rough finish of that paint job to create this look. After painting the
AS white layer I sanded heavy in one direction on certain pieces. (80 grit sand paper) You can see
 below the different directions I used and how I did very little to the inset side panel.
 
 
I added some great over sized hardware and added some wood appliques to the bottom front.
 
 
I had to rebuild some of the frame to get the legs attached right, it's like the electrical in the walls
 you never quite understand that stuff but it makes everything look better on the outside.
 
 
 
This piece is staying with me.
 
 
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!

 
 




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware