ONLY ONE COAT OF PAINT - french nightstands







So many of the furniture finishes I am drawn to are very European feeling. The paint I used to create these nightstands was created in Europe.




The painted is called Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Most of the
 colors in this line of paint are highly pigmented and in this
 case I only needed one coat. I painted both cabinets with one
 coat of grey (custom mixed color) from top to bottom using a
 2 inch brush. I took extra care to get a nice coat on the
 drawer faces but that is easy because I always take
 my drawers out and paint them standing off to the side.
I did not do an extra thick layer of paint just a normal one.


In many areas you get spots where your brush has left
"see through marks", that's what I'll call them
 for the purpose of this review.

They are rough once dry and of course look like you missed a
 spot but once you sand these smooth with a 220 grit paper
 they look to be original wear from years gone by.


The white accents are painted over the grey with a small artist
 brush. I like to take my time when doing this and enjoy it. If
 you have a ball and claw foot to paint turn the piece upside
 down and get a crisp line painted between the ball and claw
 to define it well.

*************************************************************



 

If I were to add dark wax to these they would look like they
sailed across the ocean right from a French villa.

 


BEFORE                                  AFTER



To read about how I add legs click here: 

*******************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  
       



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware