LEARNING TO LET GO - gothic sideboard

 
 
I learned about letting go of things years ago when I purged most of my belongings after a divorce.
 It felt so good and the few things I kept I only hung onto for living purposes. Like the bed to sleep in
 and a desk with chair to work at. It only hurt while I thought about letting the stuff go, once it is was
 gone it didn't matter. And it's not really hurt but a feeling of anxiety. This weekend I've had that
 same anxiety again committing to letting go of a piece I cherish. For some reason it would seem
 this piece is different and it's taken a few days to come to terms with the decision.
 
 
I'm selling my wonderful white washed gothic sideboard. I know crazy huh!
It has a warm creamy finish and lots of storage.
The center door has a mesh panel that you can display things behind but not have to clean.
 
  
 
This is all vintage solid wood with carved design, no appliques. I spent some good money on
the piece years ago before digging her out of someone's basement . Word to the wise, dig it out first,
then negotiate the price.
  
 
I refinished her for my TV to sit on,
but now the TV is resting on something else I love just as much.
 
The new piece works better for my space, it is not as long taking up less space, the cat loves
walking under it and there is a floor vent that will be a more efficient now that it is uncovered.
 
 
 
 
I promise I will miss you gothic sideboard ...

 






Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Letting go of things that you cherish or that speak to you is always hard, but once it's done, it seems that more and more stuff comes your way easily! Why is that? Your sideboard is lovely and someone will love it as much as you. I really like the new smaller piece, though not in love with the pulls, it seems to function better with your description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you for letting ANYTHING go for you have some amazing pieces that are to die for!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!