MUDROOM CUBBIES MADE FROM ROADSIDE TRASH - dark stained



I built these amazing mudroom cubbies
from wood left on the road side.



We have many wood cutting mills in the area and a lot of
 them have off-cut bins at the road side. Each place can offer 
different sized wood, the plywood used on this project was 
found in an off-cut bin.
Another source for lumber of this size is old pine water bed
 parts. Everyone back in the day had one, but today they are
 put on the road side for others to take away.


Here is a dry fit to see how it the top portion would look.
Once seeing it I knew I wanted 4 sections instead of 3.
I started to screw it all together with 3 inch decking screws.



*********************************************


Staining with a brush can be messy, so I suggest using a rag.
AND ALWAYS USE GLOVES


I finished the cubbies off with a spray clear coat and a row
of second hand metal hooks I picked up in my travels.


********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware