A DRESSER WITH A SECRET - painting and recovery




This piece wasn't too old and not in terrible
shape but I still worked my magic on it.




Here is a photo of what it looked like just before painting started.
This past month has been a strange one around our house.
GG had prostate surgery several weeks ago and we spent a lot
 of time preparing before the big day. The weeks after
were dedicated strikingly to his care, so I stepped back from
the blog and most of my social media to tend to him.


It wasn't until recently that I have started to dabble
in some simpler furniture refinishing, like this dresser.

*************************************************


I stole some beautiful silver bin pulls from the
Etsy store to dress the 5 large drawers.



Here is a look at the before and after side by side.


There is a secret drawer at the top making 6 total.
It is hidden behind the wide trim and is even velvet lined.


I'm happy to report GG is doing very well but still
has a bit more recovery to go through.



********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

    
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware