HOW TO MAKE FRENCH BEDSIDE TABLES - wood working tips




Once upon a time someone spent time and money to build this little black cabinet, and they built a matching pair of them. They were built to last but I wanted to add some improvements. A color change for sure, maybe add some interest to the drawers, and lift them up higher with new legs.





I had a set of 8 long hardwood legs I could use on these black
 boxes but first I had to remove the rectangle of wood on the
 bottom. I checked to see if it was screwed together and found
 it was built with nails. I used the back side of my hatchet like
 a hammer to get rid it. I even found a piece of the wood in
 the yard that had flown 12 feet away. It is a good thing no
 husbands are lurking around while I work they may get hit
 with flying debris.


Once the rectangular bases was removed that left all the nails sticking out the bottom.

To get the nails out I used my pliers to pull them all the way
 through they way they were started. This nail trick only
 works for finishing nails but most nails used on furniture are
 finishing nails. This trick causes no damage to the other side
 as opposed to hammered them backwards and priding them out.




*********************************








Grab the nail firmly and roll the pliers over and the nail will 
start to come. The longer the nail the more likely you will
 have to readjust your bite on the nail farther down. I hope
 this nail trick might come in handy for one of your future projects.

I offer how I transformed this pair of bedsides here


You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage switch plates to choose from

Firstfinds Hardware Store
  also has hundreds of vintage hardware
 pieces available for your next project.

*******************************************
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware