BATHROOM STORAGE CABINET - repurposed glass door




One evening I spotted a salvaged glass door leaning against a hedge. I was inspired to start creating something around this lonely pane of glass. 






The door was long and narrow and when I looked at it I
envisioned glass bottles stashed behind it. Cotton balls,
Q-tips, and bars of soap in jars, and soft folded towels.

I start with a base cabinet that was strong and heavy.
Heavy enough to take the weight of the glass door opening.

I had a very solid little cabinet with a single drawer that I
 added legs to. Both the cabinet and the legs were made of
 heavy hardwoods perfect to anchor the whole unit.

I built an upper cabinet with lighter pine wood to keep it
lighter than the bottom. I attached the glass door to the upper cabinet.

It is built in two pieces and can be moved in two pieces,
but it is attached at the back with metal straps when in use.

 
**********************************






I then painted it in a Pure White and lightly lightly distressed
 the edges. I finished the painted surfaces with AS clear wax.

There is a lot of open storage but also a drawer to tuck away smaller items.
She sure turned out great, a perfect beauty for the bathroom.



You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*******************************************
Firstfinds Hardware Store
  also has hundreds of vintage hardware
 pieces available for your next project.

SETS OF 2 French Provincial Solid White Handle Shabby Chic image 0 SET OF 2 Shabby Chic Drawer Pulls White Handles Hardware Solid White SET OF 2 White Shabby Chic Drawer Pulls French Provincial image 0
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
 all the vintage switch plates to choose from


*******************************************
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware