MY CUSTOM BUILT SOFA TABLE - recycled bed posts +



WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE LOOK LIKE?
What can I say about my most favorite piece of furniture. I use it every single day, and it couldn't be more me.  I built it with salvaged furniture parts.





Here is one of the main ingredients.
GG started to question me as I stopped to pick up these
 heavy bed posts that had been left on the road side. 
wasn't sure what my plan was. So I made up a story 
about turning them into lamps and he was content with that.
 Once home I stashed them in my wood tent.


I frequently walk through my tent looking for parts and one
 day weeks later the idea popped into my head as I passed by
 the posts ....... I could use them to make a SOFA TABLE

So I started searching through the tent for something to use
for the top and bottom of the table. I found a super old 1920's
dining table top GG had removed the veneer from. 

To see read more about that: how to remove veneer 


I only used half of the table top, part for the 
base and part for the top of my new table.


I cut the posts flat on the Mitre Saw and screwed
them to the base from underneath.


I created aprons for the base with other reclaimed parts from
 the tableI used another piece of wood (like a 2x4) to go from the top of one post to the other. I screwed it into the
 posts from the top down then screwed
that to the bottom of the tabletop.

*****************************************************




When GG got home from work the day I finished it,
he didn't recognized any of the parts I had used.


  

What do you think of my new custom sofa table?
I work on this ASCP painted & waxed surface every day.

*************************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  
     





Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware