WHITE INDIA DRESSER - repair tips


I wasn't looking to buy any furniture the day
this dresser crossed my path. The lady who
owned it had bought it as a refinishing project
and was told the side panel that was split and
separated was an easy fix. I felt compelled to
save it and the owner, as this is NOT A
SIMPLE FIX for the average refinishing
project.


The two panels have to be leveled out, glued, and clamped back together. Inside I used a couple
 of broken metal hinges to stabilize the fix. The hinges are not the solution to holding the panels
together, rather they hold everything in place while the glue sets.


Once everything was fixed she got painted in a creamy white ASCP,
and new India bone knobs added. I found the six of them at my local HomeSense.
The plates you see behind the knobs are antique metal pieces also painted in the
 same creamy white ASCP then wet distressed.

Everything was lightly edged distressed and the three drawers were lined with a floral
black and white wallpaper.

  


 




Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU ALL!