FRENCH ARM CHAIR - blue and white




This chair makeover
 was pretty straight 
forward and simple
to do. 






When I have a great French chair that needs a make over
 there are a few different directions I could take.
Here you can see how the chair looked before I started. I
 repaired the wiggly arms and I thought I might paint the 
fabric but I was sure I wanted to paint the frame. Once it was
 painted in white, the fabric color popped and looked really
 nice against the white. That's when I realized cleaning the 
upholstery was an option that had been forgotten. In this day
 and age and in my profession this starts to look like a long
 lost technique reserved for my mother's generation. The 
fabric had been taken taken care of and a good cleaning was
 all that was needed to freshen it up. 

**********************************************************



   

I painted the nail heads and trim then lightly distressed the
 frame to show a bit of the original dark finish. I chose to wet
 distressed so I wouldn't sand through the walnut stain that
 had been used years before. Underneath a spring needed 
some adjustments due to a strip of the burlap webbing 
coming un-nailed, so I fixed all that then I stapled a new
 piece of striped vintage fabric across the bottom of the chair.


   


Here are a few more transformations:

 
  
  
🗝

*****************************************
       
Rope Handles Nautical Drawer Pull Shabby Chic Coastal Beach image 0 White Knob Shabby Chic Drawer Pull Hardware Farmhouse Kitchen image 0 French Provincial Drawer Handles Original Or Painted White image 0


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware