FIXING DRAWER STOPS - antique dresser drawers








This dresser was missing all of it's drawer stops. This meant the drawers would push too far inside the body. 






In place of some of the stops I found nails bent over, apparently this does the job but I can see trouble brewing leaving these behind.



I removed the nails and I went and found a paint stir stick and started to cut it up into 1" long pieces.
 Each drawer would need 2 stops and this dresser had 5 drawers making that 10 total. I used my Anvil
 Cut tool from Home Hardware (Canadian) it has a sharp knife blade that cuts through thin wood.



A dab of wood glue where the stop needs to go and press it
 into place. If you have clamps to hold them while drying that
 would be best. You can also use some masking tape to hold
them in place.
*************************************



You can find a bit more info in another article I wrote about making drawer stops here:


To see more of this pretty two color dresser click this link:


You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage switch plates to choose from

Firstfinds Hardware Store
  also has hundreds of vintage hardware
 pieces available for your next project.

*******************************************
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware