PAINTING A TWO COLOR DRESSER - blue and white




I love what I do and sometimes I'm able to help out a friend in the process. This dresser was on someone else's project list but things happened and it got added to mine. Let me share how I painted her in two different Annie Sloan colors.


I had free reign to do as I liked cause it was all donated time.
 I wanted to keep the dresser classic with the white body but
 knew some blue had to be used for my friend.


Knowing where to put the color is tricky. For me it's about
 contrast, how the white handles will pop on the blue drawers
 or picking the right leg turning to paint in a banned of blue.

*********************************************




Blue hardware on a white drawer face and
white hardware on a blue drawer face.


I added a script transfer to the center area if this drawer.



I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. The white was a 50 50 mix of
 old white and pure white. The blue was Provence softened
with some white.
Take the plunge and try 2 colors on your next project.


You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage switch plates to choose from

Firstfinds Hardware Store
  also has hundreds of vintage hardware
 pieces available for your next project.

*******************************************
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner






Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware