FIXING TIPPY FURNITURE - leg fix






When I have a piece of furniture that is slightly tippy because one leg is too short
I reach for a washer. Whether it's a tippy chair, a wobbly nightstand, or a crooked console


I put a washer or two under the nylon slider. Nylon slider feet are very common on furniture these
 days and also available to buy at your hardware store. They slide on most surfaces and hammer or
 screw into the bottom of your wood furniture leg. I know a lot of ppl have those round felt pads
 sitting in the junk drawer to do this job but let me tell ya those things get so dirty and stinky sliding
 around cleaning your floors that I get grossed out when I encounter them on second hand furniture. I
 wish I had a picture to show you really how bad they get. I'm sure you never thought of the
 accidental juice spilled or the puppy pee that would be absorbed by them when putting them on your
 furniture. Now that I know I will always choose the nylon slider, and a washer to stop the tipping.


HAPPY FIXING!




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent tip. I knew about the felt feet. I got rid of those on my dining room chairs a long time ago, but more because they collected all the fur from our two fur-babies. The washer idea is wonderful, though. I can think of a few pieces I'm going to be adding those to! Thank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an excellent blog for tips and ideas for painting and fixing. Glad I found you.
    Thanks for all the time you put into the tutorials.

    barb

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!