FIXING TIPSY FURNITURE - leg fix





Find out what I do when a furniture leg is a little too short or the floor isn't quite level and the piece is a bit tipsy.









************************************************


Whether it's a tipsy chair,
a wobbly nightstand,
or a crooked console
I reach for a washer. 


I put a washer or two under the nylon slider. Nylon slider feet
are very common on furniture these days and also available
to buy at your hardware store. They slide on most surfaces
and hammer or screw into the bottom of your wood furniture
leg. I know a lot of ppl have those round felt pads sitting in
the junk drawer to do this job but let me tell ya those things
get so dirty and stinky sliding around cleaning your floors
that I get grossed out when I encounter them on second hand
 furniture. I wish I had a picture to show you really how bad
they get. I'm sure you never thought of the accidental juice
spilled or the puppy pee that would be absorbed by them
when putting them on your furniture. Now that I know I will
always choose the nylon slider, and a washer to stop the tipping.


You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage switch plates to choose from

Firstfinds Hardware Store
  also has hundreds of vintage hardware
 pieces available for your next project.

*******************************************
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware