HOW FAR DOES ANNIE SLOAN GO - red dresser


After the hustle and bustle of working with my Chair for Charity,
getting it to the photographer early, and George's accident and ER visit,
I have finally finished one of the dressers I previously started.
 
 
Isn't this color amazing, the knobs made me do it!
 
I have been wanting to show you how far Annie Sloan Chalk Paint can really go.
 
 
This little pot of ASCP in Emperor's Silk (seen above)
covered this vintage 4 drawer dresser (shown below)
and I still have some left in the pot.
 
 
On average I can paint 4 pieces this size with a regular size can,
but it also depends on your original finish and what you want to achieve.
 
 
The original finish did lend it's self to red so take that into consideration when choosing your color.
I did also paint the top but changed my mind and washed it off. 

 
This dresser is probably at least 100 years old. You should see the construction it's amazing.
The story as we were told when we purchased it was
it spent many years through the middle of the 20 century
on Campobello Island on the east Coast of Canada.
The owner's uncle was a Canadian senator with a vacation home there
and friends with Franklin Delano Roosevelt who often visited as the Roosevelts also
vacationed on Campobello.
 
 
Before I gave him his new color and a shiny top
I fixed all the issues that had arisen with age.
 
My full post about my charity chair is still coming
included with that will be some pretty pictures Glam It Up Photography took.
 
 
It does appear I spelt *AVAILABLE* wrong, but I love this picture.
Glam it Up Photography took my imperfections and made them look amazing.
 
Plz do not send me emails, my claim to fame is wood working not spelling,
and I recall I was yelling at my mischievous printer at the time I was writing it.
It's all the printers fault!


Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. I love a piece that comes with such a great story. Red is one of my very favorite colors and the knobs really tie the whole thing together.After a few years out of the workplace, my spelling isn't so great either. I'm sure your chair will be a hit at the auction regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I would like to give you a shout out on my blog with this, if you con't mind. http://cjmai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is certainly Perty!!! I too recently did a chest of drawers in Red theres just something about that rich regal colour:) Come see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the color of Emperor's silk! This dresser turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty, and I love the story that goes with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. Whenever I get a piece of furniture with a story attached, I always pass it along to the next buyer..but sometimes they look at me like I'm crazy for telling them. I don't really understand why....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I am going to try a little pot and see how far it gets me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The red is gorgeous! I love red!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really beautiful. I love the shade of red and the top stained.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!