Thursday

PAINTED MID-CENTURY DRESSER - spanish console



 
 
I thought this dresser looked very Spanish these four arches across the front,
so I nicknamed it the Spanish Console.
 
It almost looks like 12 small drawers but it really is only 6 drawers, 3 on each side.
I changed the original hardware for mini ceramic knobs hand made in India.
 
 
I opened the center up for a shelf by taking out 3 center drawers and painting inside.
I worked on this piece in sections and over a few weeks because I'm very limited with space
so it is hard for me to work on a piece that is 71" long effectively.

 
I added wonderful large loft style castors so it would move easy and look great.


I saved the warm walnut finish on top and found a matching shelf for inside.
 

It was used as a TV console before I got it so the transformation into a Media Center only made sense.


BEFORE                                            AFTER
I don't have a loft space to photograph it in but try to imagine how magnificent it would be
in that kind of home.
 

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful and unique piece! Love, love those casters! I find myself adding some sort of wheels to a lot of mid-century modern pieces too. They seem longer and heavier than a lot of other furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Spanish quicky. Recently only German.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you realize how flippin' talented you are? Those bookshelves are amazing and the black bookshelf for your son....WOW! You have to have vision to see what they will become and yours is superpower furniture vision! :) karen....

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!