TAKE TWO - english nightstands



Here is a list of the steps taken to turned a desk into a pair of nightstands.


Removed the top for another project
-
which better work cause George keeps telling everyone on facebook I'll be done that project soon


Replace all the missing drawer glides
-
did you know plastic glides can be bought for a couple a bucks at your home improvement store


Find and attach pieces for new tops
-
so I can add the remaining furniture bits to the ever growing pile of parts


Remove old hardware
 

Alter the bottom to work with new legs
-
easier said than done


Install new hardware
-
thankfully I didn't have to fill and sand holes this time


Repeat all steps a second time
-
this is your chance to get it done right


Paint and wax
-
I think I am getting the hang of this part


Line drawers
-
so we don't have to look at colorful ink stains and doodles left by the last owner


Photograph your finished pieces and contact patient customer
-
 to find out they are perfect.


Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous transformation. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Monica. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-wee...so cute. You are very good at aking something old and making something new and beautiful. I love the new legs. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the best tricks you have done. Love it. I like taller nightstands, this is perfect. Do you have a good system to store all your spare parts? I am not coming up with anything practical, and consequently, they are all over the place.

    Love George's Etsy shop and will stop there next time I need knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try this, but I'm scared! Why not just use the desktop for the 'end tables' and cut it down to size?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Estupendo trabajo.Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the finished product. How clever to find tops for them from other pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very smart! I love how they turned out. You really are quite good at what you do and I have been enjoying learning from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work again!!!
    I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger award -
    Though I am sure you have had this many times over, lol
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a good idea! They look fantastic!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    kaescornerdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so talented. How genius are those legs! I love what you have been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How on earth did you manage to attach those legs ??? Please do share some information about that. Wonderful job as always ! Your Dedicated Follower !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing! I never would have thought to do that, I see those dressers all the time. You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!