Friday

TURQUOISE KROEHLER DRESSER - chippy finish



It's about "TIME"
I changed my header pictures, so last night before bed I re-arranged, cropped,
editted, and stitched a new set of pictures for you all to be welcomed with.


 Let me know what you think !


and It's about "TIME"
I got back to finishing furniture and stop re-arranging rooms,
for now anyway!


Taking pictures of painted furniture and sharing them on-line
never truely conveys the color of a piece.
This Kroehler dresser is a bright full bodied TURQUOISE,
and gorgeous with the dark wood showing through.



It's definetly one that has to be seen in person to fully appreciate.
This chippy look was achieved by spraying MILK paint on the drawers then spraying
AS CHALK paint and watching the MILK paint layer chip off as it does so well on it's own,
taking the CHALK paint with it.


I snuck some vintage knobs from the Etsy shop to finish her off.
 

You can find a side by side before and after pic here.

Sharing with:

Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog


Pin It Now!

16 comments:

  1. Sencillamente maravilloso.
    besos,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very, very pretty that turquoise dresser is! Do you mind sharing what program you use to edit, stitch, and resize your photos with? I'm having a terrible time getting anything to work right for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what is not to love about this dresser? Gorgeous...and so glad you swiped the knobs; they're fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dresser, great color. I love the vignette too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore turquoise right now. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love your blog and your work. Your new header looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new header! Such a soothing color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the clock in the box. I am craving a clock, not for time, but to put in a vignette in the living room. If I find one (reasonably priced) I will do something like your box.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the whole display, so pretty. Was the clock an antique find or did you buy it somewhere on line? Love it!
    DianeD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the knobs, love the finish. I am doing a lot of Turquoise these days too. It just seems like a very happy color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! That chest is gorgeous and I love the way you styled it. I'm a new follower from Miss Mustard Seed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is beautiful. Seems like I always click on one of your linky pictures!
    Thanks for sharing, Deb @LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS. Turquoise is my best seller. Love it.
    Im now following you. Please come visit PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and follow back??? THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super sweet! I love love love the color. I wish you would post it on my link party at http://www.doodlesandstitches.com/2012/06/another-fab-friday-thank-you-to.html Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I would just like to let you know I love your blog. I have learned alot from it and I too love the building process. I really enjoy picking away at a piece, cleaning it and getting it ready to paint . I know you can paint over almost any surface,but I like it to be really clean and smooth and thus the paint is extra smooth after waxing. Your pieces are amazing. I aspire to be that good .
    Alice B.( kemptville,ON )

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!