Saturday

ART DECO TURNED SHAKER - vancouver subway art dresser


How to take an Art Deco Dresser and give it a Shaker Style.


One thing that dates art deco furniture is the flush and rounded tops.


So I removed the original top and replaced it with a nice fresh pine board cut to size.


With some walnut stain, wax, and my new gloves we were off to the races.




Having a curvy kick at the bottom is common in a lot of furniture
but I removed this one to get straighter lines and offer a masculine feel.


Two final steps to help achieve the look was to add the vintage metal wheels
and simple metal knobs down both sides of the drawers.



And that's how you get a shaker look from an Art Deco Dresser.

More beauty pics can be seen on yesterday's post


Next time I'll share how I did my lettering and finish on the drawers.


Would you like to receive a copy of my daily posts to your inbox? Subscribe here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
Pin It! Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. I really like this one. I only think of adding pieces to furniture but taking something away can be even better. Good tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is a really cool piece! I absolutely LOVE it! You did a great job. You would never guess what era the chest is from. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an AMAZING job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous transformation Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a cool transformation. I never thought about taking off the pieces to change the style.
    I hope you will share this at Restyled Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! Fantastic once again , Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your changes are beautiful. I follow with pleasure!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense