NO MORE RIPPED PANTIES - cutting hardware posts tutorial

How many of us love our pretty glass knobs? Put up your hand!

How many of us hate the metal post that sticking out the back? Put up your hand!

We like to put pretty knobs on pretty furniture,
and we like to put our pretty things into the
drawers and cupboards of our pretty furniture.
Sometimes our pretty things get caught on these
not so pretty protruding posts and cause damage to our pretty things.

This post is dedicated to saving all your pretty things!


One of the last things I do after installing glass knobs on furniture
is to cut the posts off and I thought you may like to learn how I do it.


There are 3 tools I use for this job.


A pair of pliers


to tighten the nut on the post.


A set of mini bolt cutters


to easily cut off the post.


A metal rasp or file


to smooth the edges of the metal.


You have now protected all your pretty things.
You should be able to find a version of these 3 tools at your local home improvement store.

AND

tomorrow I'll have this project to share with you ...


Sharing at:

Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog My Repurposed Life

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. OH OH OH OH.... I love tomorrow's project. Counting the hours now......

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God, you are such an inspiraton,
    Love what you do,
    A fellow Canadian - from the other side ( Montreal, lol )
    Follow you with great anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great information...yes I don not like that post out back...smarty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Were you a fly on my wall last night when I was cutting all my hooks? huh? huh??

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was good but I am so looking forward to tomorrow to see your latest project!!

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a "why didn't I think of that" moment. I hate those long things too and I often think I should do something about them, but never do. Now I know!!!! Great post as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I have not bought any of those pretty knobs because of the post sticking out. My hubby said I'd have to use a hacksaw to cut the post off - too much work for me. So glad there's a quicker way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats awesome info...Up till now I have been using a different technique. It goes like this.
    "TRENT - TRENT CAN YOU COME HERE? TRENT....?"
    Yours is probably the better idea!
    Thank u!
    Elisa
    home sweet nest

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great looking piece. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The knobs make just the right Wow! factor for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great tips! I need a pair of those mini bolt cutters. :(
    thanks for sharing and linking back to catch as catch can!
    gail

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!