HOW TO RECYCLE OLD LATTICE - wood and white





I wanted a nicer back drop for a shelf I had. I also had a big broken lattice panel we didn't have a use for any more. Thus an idea was born. Please enjoy this upcycle project that I did using the left over lattice to create this stunning look on a piece of furniture.









 I had this little white three drawer dresser for a very long
time. It was the only piece of furniture that was shallow
enough to fit behind the front door but I wanted more storage.


I bought this tall brown shelving unit to add to the white
 dresser to create more storage above. I started by cutting
the top shelf portion away from the bottom cupboard.


The shelf backing looks even better in person.
I took the old lattice panel and pulled it apart carefully, removed the staples, and cut each piece to fit.


 I added moldings to the bottom edge of the
cut shelf to add stability. Then the whole piece
was repainted white and edge distressed.



The drawer appliques were added long ago,
and if you would like to achieve this kind of look
I've wrote an article you can find here.


I chose simple handles so they
would not upstage the appliques.





*******************************************
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE 
vintage switch plates


Firstfinds Hardware Store
 vintage hardware

*******************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware