THIS LITTLE PINKY - pink chandelier


I've been able to get a few projects underway around here just for us.
70% of our Christmas decorations put away, only because I'm doing a full re-organizing of them all.
We've had our first big snow fall Saturday, more on Monday and still more forecasted this week.
Not typical for a Vancouver winter.


I did take advantage of the pristine white snow when photographing this daring
chandelier I just finished.


Just last week it was warm enough to spray paint outside and have it dry in 10 minutes.

I only do chandeliers every now and then because they
 can take countless hours of painting and embellishing.

Someone did try to DIY this one before I got it but they must have lost steam.


I used a soft pretty pink spray paint from Krylon.
The 5 light arms are lined with several meters of garland beads secured with nylon line.
I added the metal crown feature at the top stolen from my electrical parts department.
** Parts Department = Rubbermaid bin sitting on the shelf **


The hanging beads and flower embellishments I used on this chandelier
were all purchased at Michaels for a pretty penny.
But I had a goal and I'm extremely pleased with the finished look.


The flowers are a translucent acrylic material.
Hand made in Thailand, each petal is stitched around a center crystal.
They are extremely cool.


Sharing with:


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Seriously I can't keep up with you!
    I love the union jack dresser you are showing here! Amazing collaboration!
    Now this chandelier is beautiful....wow ...I am so impressed by your ability to secure those beads to the arms! WWOW!
    When you have time pop by to see our snowy back yard! We really need to appreciate the beauty (and try to ignore the inconveniences!) of this lacey white covering!...your images do it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you drill the holes in the metal? I am ready to throw my chandy across the garage (and this is #2, I destoyed #1). The drill takes on a life of it's own and won't stay put! Aaaarrrgh! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO adorable. I love the way you totally transformed it! Congrats on a job WELL DONE! Thanks so much for sharing on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!