SHEET MUSIC TREE ORNAMENT - tutorial





Today I want to share my SHEET MUSIC TREE ORNAMENTS and how I made them.







SUPPLIES I USED:
Hot glue gun & glue
Scissors
A sheet of music
Glitter
White glue
String
2 plates
2 center decorations (I used Santa graphics)



SIZE
I cut my sheet music the size I wanted my finished ornament to be.


Above is an example of the size I made compared to the page of the sheet music.


FOLDING
I accordion folded the cut piece of paper.


STRING
I tied my folded accordion section in the middle with
 a string that my ornament was going to hang from.


HOT GLUE GUN
I folded the accordion in half and hid the string between the two sides as they come together. I then hot glued it together.


Next I hot glued the other side together pressing
the last two edges together forming a full circle.


I tied the ends of the string together and trim the length.

*******************************************
CENTER DECORATION
I printed out some Santa graphics on my computer from images I found on the internet.
OPTION
You could use many things such as: parts of old greeting cards, gift tags, or
even type out a tag saying:
TO:
FROM:
and use it as a gift tag


GLITTER
I poured a good amount of glitter on a plate in a pile.



GLUE
I poured a good amount of glue on another plate.
(The amber colored stuff on the plate is old dried glue.)


GLITTERED EDGE
Between my fingers I roll my Santa graphic
 in the glue, coating the edges. Then moving over to the
 glitter plate I rolled the Santa graphic in the glitter.






Once I was done I set it a side to dry and repeated the
steps to create a second center decoration for the back side.
You can also do different pictures front and back for a different look depending what side you want to show.


MORE GLITTER I did the same steps with the sheet music fan circle.
I rolled the edge in the glue, then in my glitter.





ATTACHED THE CENTERSOnce the glitter and glue was dried, I then hot glued the Santa Graphics to the centers of my circle fan ornament
1 side then the other.



I hung my Sheet Music Ornament on our tree, 
but they could also embellish a present, hang in a window,
 and depending on what you might put in the center they
 could be used in your home year round.




You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.


*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage hardware we have available for your next project.


 SETS OF 2 Shabby Chic White Drawer Pulls Cabinet Handles image 0 SET OF 2 English Crown Handles and Knob Shabby Chic White image 0 White Shabby Chic Fixed Handle Drawer Pull Dresser Hardware image 0
  Click on each photo for details
****************************************


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware