BLACK AND WHITE TOILE - shabby chic dining chairs



4 tired 70's dining chairs came to me via Uncle Ronnie.
While I was working on a different set of chairs all propped up in the driveway
he stopped in to let me know there was 4 more chairs that needed my help just down the road.



Almost 30 chairs have come into this house recently.
I think the Chairs for Charity Auction event has something to do with it, I'm sure it's a conspiracy and I will get to the bottom of it or die trying to get them all done.


Great Upholstery ... and Bird poop.



The left arms were missing ... on 2 chairs.
So I amputated the 2 remaining right arms,
cleaned, and repaired everything



They got a sprayed coat of a custom blue I mixed.
I started with AS Provence but it was like a mad scientist's lab
 on the kitchen counter while I added a touch of this and a 
drop of that trying to achieve something.
BTW I didn't achieve what I wanted but that is OK,
that is how wonderful and unexpected things happen.


Then I dry brushed a light grey over the blue,
but it didn't give me the light bright overall appearance I really wanted.


So they all got a good painting of white and because of a few rain showers they got to dry in the kitchen.
My cat doesn't get to go on the kitchen island but apparently freshly painted furniture does!


I still wanted a punch of the blue to come thru so they
got a good edge sanding to bring it out.

*************************************************************


I used a black and off white toile for these chair seats.
The first layer of upholstery is durable drop cloth
then covered with the toile.






*******************************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware