STOP - drawer stop tutorial

 
 
I added some drawer stops to a vintage chest
I've been working on and thought I would share my method.
 
3 stops are missing, 2 on the middle support and 1 on the bottom left.


This is what the originals look like, typical of a vintage dresser.

 
Here you can just see the out line of the missing one. This is where you install the replacement.
If you can not tell where they used to be or they never had any, measure the thickness of your drawer
 front and use that as a guide and mark a line.  


The first thing I reach for is a wooden stir stick for mixing paint.


The second is my handy dandy *ANVIL CUT*, this tool was purchased at Home Hardware but a
knife or small hand saw will also work fine.

 


Using some glue position your piece of wood in place.


 Use a clamp and in an hour or so when the glue is dry it's done.
 
This method works to replace missing metal stops also.


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware