WHITE AND WOOD NIGHTSTANDS - replacing the tops



I have had these nightstands stashed away for awhile. They were really dirty like they had been in a food fight gone wrong.





I cleaned them more than any piece of furniture I have
 cleaned but when I sprayed the first coat of white paint
 I found even more spots that I missed.







I lightly distressed all the edges with a 220 grit sand paper.

******************************************************



I removed the original tops and replaced them with a thicker
 more substantial wood. They were salvaged from another
 project and I sanded the surface to break through the clear
coat that was on them so I could stain the wood darker.


Removing the tops of most furniture can be done by looking
 inside underneath the surface to see how it is attached.
 In most cases they are screwed in from underneath. 



I put new knobs on the bottom drawers
and kept the single pulls for the top drawers.



BEFORE                              AFTER

You can always follow along on INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.


*******************************************
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE
vintage hardware for your next project


Mini Knobs Small Drawer Pulls Farmhouse Kitchen Cabinet image 0 SET OF 6 Glass Drawer Pulls Cabinet Knobs Crystal Door image 0 SET OF 6 Bronze Drawer Pulls Italian Cabinet Handle Metal image 0
    CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS
*************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware