HOW TO DEAL WITH DAMAGED VENEER -delftware blue & white cabinet






I definitely had some fun working with this antique washstand. And absolutely love the Delftware Pottery look I  create on the face of it.






I received an email regarding this little wash stand and it's 
condition, there was mention of the evil hound puppy chew 
marks, along with the split and peeling veneer. I like a 
challenge and I think I strive harder for the really bad ones
 to come out more amazing than even I think is possible.




There was extensive veneer damage to the top that could have
 been fixed but I opted for a different solution this time.



I turned the top over, filling the screw holes
and had to fix only 1 veneer spot.


The under side of many tops are usually in better shape
and every now and then the routered edge works in your 
favor, so keep this option in mind for your future projects.
Most of the time the top can simply be unscrewed from inside
 underneath. This cabinet had screws on the outside edge.

****************************************



The knobs I used are made of ceramic and have a beautiful
 cobalt blue floral design that I mimicked across the cabinet
 front. I used Annie Sloan Napoleonic Blue and hand painted
 the designs. I also used a blue printed paper in the drawer to
 complement the design. 






The cabinet was painted with a
50/50 mix of AS Pure White and Old White.




********************************
Advertisement
vintage switch plates
 vintage hardware

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware