OUR FRENCH COUNTRY BEDROOM - bed details






Our home is all about using found pieces that we love. We  want the unique decor items that we find in our neighborhood to inspire the decor in your home. Our french country bedroom makeover was so much fun to create and continues to evolve in little ways all the time.





THE BED FRAME
 First thing I did was to build the bed frame we needed to
 match up with the tufted headboard I purchased. 
You can see in the photo above, the lumber and bracing I 
used. It supports a storage box spring and is built on a
 slight angle with the head being a few inches higher. A 
storage box spring opens up with hydraulics lifting the top 
and the mattress to access storage inside. The legs are 4x4 
posts that will slide easily on the wood floor when I need to
 move the bed. The space under the frame is one of our most
 valuable storage areas in the house. The angle was built in 
for our heads to be elevated. The legs were removed from the 
headboard and it attaches to the wall. We can turn it which 
ever way we want to have it, curve up or down.



NO SEW BED SKIRT
Because of the storage box spring, a conventional bed skirt
 wouldn't work. I made my bed skirt from 6 curtain
 panels and a staple gun. They were 100% cotton tab top
 curtains. I divided the width in half and torn them length
 wise. The frayed edge was the look I wanted at the bottom. 
The top edge which was the finished edge was gathered and
 stapled to my wood bed frame all the way around.
If you were a sewer you could use Velcro.

************************************************************





I found a king size handmade afghan at a local thrift store.
It was originally trimmed with bright yellow and orange tassels.  


I didn't buy it until my second visit a few weeks after I first saw it. The giant orange and yellow rosettes in the center of the blanket had probably scared off several customers. I bravely took it to the cash and in the end it only took me a few evenings while watching TV to remove the bright colors.


And finally I wanted to let you know I found a
spot for the new mirror I showed off last week.


TO SEE MORE OF OUR BEDROOM:
Bedside Tables - https://bit.ly/2K9aInW
Gallery Wall - https://bit.ly/2KpQDWA
Wall Hooks - https://bit.ly/2yFOKUf
Curtains & Chandelier - https://bit.ly/2yS7aBl

******************************************************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  

       


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware