FARMHOUSE DRESSERS - stacking for storage





I love this project. I knew re-doing our dressing room I need more storage but I didn't know it was going to come in such a rare beauty.







GG found these two dressers at an estate sale.
What a mess!



They had arborite laminate glued to the tops, so I ripped that
 off. Now the glue had to be removed too. I used a belt sander
to get me down to the beautiful soft clean wood.



I stripped every surface of both dressers. The intention was
 to always keep the dressers together, either as a pair of large
 bedside tables or used side by side as a great console. I had
 not thought to stack them till I needed something tall for our
 dressing room.

 

I finished the wood in a very light white wash. I watered
 down white paint with spray bottle in hand to thin it even 
more as it was applied.


I used cast iron plaques on each drawer to label them.
I turned them around to have the blank side
exposed so I could write on them with chalk. 

************************************************



These hideous knobs were from an earlier project.
A little acetone removed all the felt marker and nail polish.




Now to that pesky top drawer that's too high.

See those hinges below just under the top drawer?



TA DA ..... I made the front of the drawer hinge open.


All the parts of the drawer where kept and used so some day
in the future if needed it can be turned back into a conventional drawer.

I left some of the original paint on the drawer
edges to add to the rustic feel.


She's big and beautiful and I use her every day!


***********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
  

     

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  
   


Pin It Now!

SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

What's POPULAR

Your first stop for vintage hardware