PAINTING BEDROOM FURNITURE - using annie sloan chalk paint



It took my husband some time before he
agreed to let me paint our dark wood
bedroom furniture. Like most new
couples we went out and purchased an
expensive set of matching furniture as
our first thing together. I quickly found
it difficult to decorate in the style that
made me happy when all the furniture
was so dark and heavy.








I wanted something soft and tried to decorate with whites but struggled to make it feel the way I wanted.
After awhile I asked the old man to let me paint the furniture white and he finally broke.
I only painted one piece to see how he would respond.


Fortunately that was all it took,
as soon as he saw that first piece in our room and how it lightened the space
he asked me to paint all the furniture white. Everything starting with the cherry
sleigh bed all the way to his chest of drawers.
That was many years ago, he still loves telling that story to anyone who will listen.

These handles are available to purchase:
>>  https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/517693021/6-drawer-pulls-handle-back-plates  <<

If you are thinking of painting your dark bedroom furniture here is a great before and after
to help getting you thinking harder. You can always pay a local artist to do it for you if
you don't have the time or nerve to do it yourself.


This Kroehler tall boy was painted with Annie Sloan Pure White.
It was edge distressed with 220 grit sand paper and waxed with clear wax.

********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE and see
if we have any shabby chic white hardware for your next project.


 
 
 
 

TIL NEXT TIME


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware