VINTAGE FURNITURE REPAIRS - saggy drawer bottoms



I took on a furniture project recently that turned
into about 8 hours of wood working repairs.
I photographed a lot of it so I could share it
with you and how I fixed each problem.
Let's start with the first problem ....








SAGGY DRAWER BOTTOMS
The bottom of a drawer can bow down from the weight stored in it over time.
BELOW LEFT you can see the arch in the bottom of this drawer I worked on.
BELOW RIGHT the sawdust evidence of the drawer bottom scraping on the metal stop.

 

MY FIX:

I used weights to straighten the bottom of the drawer out then I glued a piece
of 1/4 hardwood wood from front to back that will not let the drawer flex any more.
The weights stayed on the drawer for 24 hours while the glue hardened.


WATCH FOR THE NEXT REPAIR
and while you are waiting scroll to the bottom for a peak
at the sideboard's finished look
**************************************************


While you are here ...

take a quick look at some of the new hardware available in the Etsy Shop .

There are 1000's of pieces of up-cycled hardware to choose from at 
firstfinds hardware store

  


        


   




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. So Beautiful~~~ I love this idea!!! You did amazing job~

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!