WHERE TO FIND FURNITURE LEGS - distressed white nightstands



Where do you find furniture legs?

Antique stores sometimes have metal and wood legs to buy.
My Restore has even had a bin of furniture legs available to
purchase. During clean up week George, my GF, and I have
taken legs off several wingback chairs. George found legs
attached to a wet road side sofa and managed to cram it into
the van. The wet sofa has to be taken to the landfill but for that
fee I get some nice legs. I have bought many bargain coffee tables
with great legs at yard sales. A little deconstruction and VOILA.
Not everyone has a big vehicle to pick up road side finds or can
carry a saw in their vehicle *just in case*. The legs I got for this
nightstand project came from a very simple place that anyone
can handle.




Below you can see the nightstands transformed with new legs.
Above you can see where I purchased them, the tag says it all.




This pair of bedsides was sprayed with a 50/50 mix of AS Old White & Pure White.
They have been distressed with a 120 grit sandpaper, creating a heavier worn look.
A nice layer of clear AS wax was used to give them a silky soft feel.





********************************
If you are looking to create your own piece with handles like the ones I used,
there are lots of different sizes and styles of swing handles at: FIRSTFINDS ETSY





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great tip! I have a pair of perfectly good night stands like those that are a bit too short for our higher matresses. Now I will be on the look out for 8 legs, or I guess as long as the front 4 match I can always use others at the back. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!