SHORT VANITY TURNED INTO A COFFEE TABLE - inspiration



This article is about how this stylish
coffee table was re-inventing using a very
short and very vintage dressing vanity.




Below is the BEFORE photo, cute but ugly little vanity sitting for sale in a second hand store.
It's only 2 feet tall with it's casters, bit of an issue for most normal height, long legged ppl.


I considered a lot of different ideas on how I was going to recreate this
piece before the coffee table ideas was born.


I took the mini drawers that were originally on top and mounted them underneath,
moving the detailed trim pieces as well (below right)


I stripped and stained the top


I also stripped 3 drawer fronts.


 I painted the whole body in Old White.


And here she is finished with new ceramic melon knobs and some great storage.



BEFORE                      AFTER





Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Lindo. Amei a transformação.
    Tenha um ótimo dia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright! this is quite a transformation! I've been reading here, but haven't been commenting... just wanted to say, I always like your finds and projects, this one is thinking outside the box... or boxes! ;)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!