THE MERCANTILE CABINET - white washed finish



THE ORIGINS

The MERCANTILE cabinet was a donated piece, dropped off in a few parts. It has lived a good long
 life and the owner wanted it to keep going strong. So I started the reassembly and rebuilding.

   

THE REPAIRS

The drawers needed small repairs and some guides needed replacing so they would work properly.
Two completely stripped wood doors arrived with the cabinet but it didn't have any shelves or bottom
 to the open cupboard. I fitted a new bottom and installed the doors with some blacksmith hinges. 

   

THE FINISH

I painted the interior of the cabinet in a rich cream color and hand waxed the inside. I used an Annie
 Sloan Cream & Pure White mix. I wanted to keep the flavor of the aged wood on the body and
 keep the doors in their natural state so I chose a white wash for the cabinet body. Next time I will
 explain the process of what I did to the doors.







Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU ALL!