MINI CLOSET REVEAL

 
 

Our good friends at Brick and Mortar Living asked if I would try using their butcher paper on a
 graphic transfer and this project ended up being the target. Until I write an article about it you will
have to look up other articles ppl have written on the process.

This project started as a vintage mahogany stereo cabinet I picked up a very long time ago. It was
 extra deep so I imagined the best way to repurpose it would be to turn it into a mini closet, but I have
 to give someone else the credit for pushing me to get the job done. A friend actually did a very
 similar one last month and it reminded me to get mine finished. So here it is ...
 
 
 
Another piece of quality furniture saved from the landfill and put back into use.
Here is a peak at what it looked like when I started.
 
 
 
I added the appliques, the knobs, and the legs.
I ripped out the insides and installed a rod and built a bottom for it.

 
 
 
I painted most of the inside white and the back boards were painted in the
 same blue as the outside. It adds a little something extra to the inside.

 
 
If used in a nursery, the rod can be used for hanging baby clothes
or the cabinet body is deep enough to house a printer.

 
The knobs I used on this cabinet can be purchased here:
The typography is old company invoices and letters I found on line.
 
 
 
 
 

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness this is just lovely! Beautiful... love the colors you did it in and the scripts is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy, this is very cool! I have a question, I always admire your curved (wooden-tee hee!) legs that you put on your pieces. Where do you find them? and (I guess I have two questions) do you have a tutorial that shows how you attach them? Thanks! I always love getting your updates in my email, and love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There may be a smudge or two, but the transferred image came out very nicely - clear and without that computer-generated look. Which is such a spoiler!

    Have you ever tried transfering laser image using a heated "woodworkers transfering tool" (originally for transferring patterns for wood burning crafts?) I ordered one from Amazon as the shipping cost was "only" half as much as the product. For my purposes, I have not been pleased with other transfer methods so far - I'll report my results when/if I get any!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. So what did you do with the butcher paper? Print it out and glue it on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece is aboutly beautiful. Please talk about the legs(where and how you did them?) How you did the transfer??
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!