PAINTING A METAL TRUNK with annie sloan chalk paint



Wondering what to do with that
rusty old metal trunk you can't
seem to let go of? I painted mine
with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
Come see if yours is as rough
as mine.


BEFORE 


The picture above is what the trunk looked like right before I 
started to paint. A little warm water and soap bath to get it clean.
I had it propped up on a platform so I could walk
 around it and brush paint the sides. Below is a picture
took while I was distressing after most of the painting was done.
 

I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paints on the whole trunk.
I used OLD WHITE and a created the blue from left overs of other
 painted furniture I had doneIf you would like to try duplicating
something close start by adding a little PROVENCE to OLD 
WHITE and go from there.



This is a look inside before I stripped it clean.
I finished the inside by sealed the interior wood with a poly.
It needed to stay open an dry for a few days.


For the BEACH HOUSE letters and starfish,
I printed out letters the right size on individual sheets of paper and
 traced the shapes onto the painted surface then I filled them in by
 hand with Annie Sloan Graphite Chalk Paint.
Give it a try!


****************************************
BEFORE YOU GO ....
Here is a quick look at some of the new hardware available in the Etsy Shop .

There are 1000's of pieces of up-cycled hardware to choose from at 
firstfinds hardware store

  
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/511729001/6-handles-shabby-chic-swirling-white

  
        
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Firstfinds?ref=hdr_shop_menu&search_query=misfit+knobs


  
  
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/496024614/4-ornate-drop-pulls-with-backplates 



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

THANK YOU ALL!