APOTHECARY CABINET






I replaced the whole front with 2 doors I had on hand. The door I replaced will be saved for another project down the line. Below you can see some of the extra framing needed to fit the new doors.



The typography art was created with reversed vinyl letters.
I made them myself with the printer and a pair of scissors. No fancy Silhouette machines here!
I created the arched effect in Word Art and taped the arched line with green tape for the painting.
The graphic is available here:


I used Martha Steward Craft Paints in a color called WEDDING CAKE and sprayed it with my paint
 gun. The paint is available at Michaels and it adheres to multi surfaces including glass and is available in any color you can imagine.

a·poth·e·car·y/əˈpäTHiˌkerē/

A person who prepared and sold medicines and drugs.

druggist - chemist - pharmacist - dispenser


***********************************
Here are some unique hardware pieces available at

 
 
 
 
 
 

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. You know I am a fan of yours. I showed this to my hubby and now he is a fan. This is soooo cooooool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you first posted this. I loved it then, I love it now. It has been my inspiration this week for a linen cabinet I am working on. I was going to attempt a glass etching, but am just going to go with your tried and true MS paints instead. I appreciate your always sharing your wonderful talents with us.
    La Verne @ hopeandsalvage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely piece. so much better painted. love the new doors and how you fitted them in perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too funny. I was just looking back at your old post of this very project. I am starting to look for a smaller tv cabinet and I was thinking maybe something like this. Of all your many projects this is my favorite, next to my Lady Pamela's Cottage sign..
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out gorgeous!! What a difference adding the 2 doors made...and I love how you created apothecary across the top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect. I would love to see this on my Chic By You Link Party @ ChicByTab

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! You have such an incredible eye and talent when it comes to creating new things out of old! Can't wait to see what you do with the door you replaced!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have loved this cabinet since you 1st showcased it, and has made me a follower of yours since. It's one of my most favorites!! I love it so much, I have tried over and over to find a cabinet, somewhat similair to this one at any antique auctions I've gone to, knowing I could never find one just like it. Maybe one day I will find the perfect piece to be my inspiration to make myself one! I was surprised to see this in my email this morning (little late reading my messages lol!). Thank you for all the lovely work you do, your are so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! A fantastic makeover.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!