FRENCH ARMOIRE

 
 
It's not a classic French Armoire but it's heavy like one. I'm over joyed to start the new year
with something so grand and beautiful but I didn't plan it that way.
 
 
I painted it in ASCP Old White then a second layer done in a pale turquoise mixed from ASCP Florence.
The third layer was a wash of ASCP Old White. All the distressing is done with a sponge.
Check out my wet distressing tutorial here:

 
The interior just didn't look right when I opened the pretty doors to see a dark hole so I put her on a
 dolly and wheeled her out onto the top step and carefully sprayed her when the sun was out on the
 first day of the year.
 

 Here you can see the classic dark finish from the good ole 70's

 
I really enjoy distressing features like these to show them off.
 
 
There is lots of storage inside and extra room on top for baskets or display.




Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. it turned out so gorgeous, hard to believe how it looked in the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No add-on legs?? Just teasing - it is so beautiful, just a gorgeous hunka armoire. I would love to trade you my 2 unfinished solid oak armoires from the nineties, but with all those details it would not be a fair trade.

    I am unclear - do you sponge distress after each layer, or after all paint is on? I sometimes dispair in my distressing & have yet to get The Kristy Touch. I've got the smooth surace down, tho, so I can always fall back on that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love the hint of turquoise. Going to check out your wet sponge technique...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute success! I'm trying to build enough courage to paint on of my armoires...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a similar piece I did cream and antiques several years ago. I never painted inside because I have a hard time getting it to look nice. it always looks choppy, when I do inside of things.
    any tips??
    thanks
    barb

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!